Thursday, December 21, 2006

Moda Dea - Yay!

Well, I decided that I didn’t want to continue the pink sweater for Catherine right now. It was taking me forever and there was no way that I would have had it done in time for Christmas. I will work on that after Christmas and it will be for Gracie. I decided to use my Lion Brand Boucle Yarn in Taffy to make Catherine’s sweater. It’s bulkier and I can use size 13 needles which make it go faster. I have the back and one of the sides of the front done. I should be able to finish it by tomorrow.

I went to JoAnn’s last night and bought 2 balls of Moda Dea “Cartwheel” in Bronzeberry hoping it would be enough to make a pair of socks. Looks like it’s not quite the yarn I needed for socks and it wasn’t enough. So I went on eBay this morning and ordered 3 balls of Moda Dea “Sassy Stripes” in Polo to do the job. I got all 3 balls, plus shipping for $11.96 which I thought was a pretty good deal. It’s probably a ball more than I will need, but I figure if they turn out, I might make Gracie some matching socks too. I think I’ll use the Cartwheel to try a little felted bag. I have never felted before, but the yarn is 100% wool, so it should work, right?

I’m almost done with my Christmas shopping. We just need to go to the mall to get Julia a gift certificate and I need to go to the bookstore to get Austin a couple of books and to get Soren’s book. I need to finish Catherine’s sweater and make Soren’s blanket. I need to learn how to get things done earlier instead of waiting until the last minute!

3 comments:

jkhenson said...

Sugarland (the book) new? Chris and I read Summerland together a few summers ago and I hadn't heard of sugarland before. Thought it might be new? How are you feeling these days? Hope well. Jen

Christy said...

Good catch. It's supposed to be Summerland. That's what I get for trying to go from memory...

jkhenson said...

hey, we all have memory issues...as we get older ;) And pregnancy memory was never too good for me! :) I was just excited, thinking it was a sequel or something! :) We drove down to Savannah without the kids about three years ago and I read Summerland most of the way there and back, aloud to Chris. It was fun! Glad to hear Jacob's good and healthy ;) a little monkey, huh? :) Happy Holidays!